Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated®, Pi Tau Omega Chapter is one of the sorority’s 1,012 chapters. Our mission is to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards, to promote unity and friendship among college women, to study and help alleviate problems concerning girls and women to improve their social stature, to maintain a progressive interest in college life, and to be of “Service to All Mankind.”
As part of our commitment to higher education, Pi Tau Omega Chapter awards scholarships to deserving high school seniors, female, or male. We are now accepting applications for our 2023 HBCU scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00. Please review the criteria for the scholarship application. Only applicants who meet the criteria and follow application instructions will be considered. The
Completed application must be returned to the address listed on the application and must be emailed or post marked no later than 11:59 p.m. on April 1, 2023. Transcripts must be included with application.
Late applications will not be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Must be a high school senior graduating in 2023.
2. Must be attending an HBCU accredited college or university in the fall of 2023.
3. Have a minimum 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
4. Enrolled in a College/University by August 31, 2023.
5. Must write an essay which includes a discussion about the topic on the application.
6. Applicants must provide proof of enrollment from the Registrar’s office from the college or University before award is issued.
The following documents must be included with the application:
1. An official transcript must be received by the deadline by April 1, 2023.
2. Essay- must be type written, double spaced, 12-point font.
3. Two letters of recommendation written in the calendar year 2023:
• From someone familiar with you academically, such as a teacher, counselor, or academic advisor.
• From another respected member of the community, such as a pastor, mentor, or coach.
4. A recent photograph (Sorry no photographs will be returned).
Scholarship recipients will be notified by telephone or e-mail on or before April 30, 2023. An in-person event presentation will take place on Thursday, May 11, 2023. Please keep this date open on your calendar in case you are awarded the Scholarship.
Applications are no longer being accepted.